Saturday, May 16, 2009

Tapering Down

So begins my last week of running with the 10K clinic. Today was our last lesson, and I'm so sad that it's ending. Fortunately, the topic was what to expect on race day, which did a lot to alleviate my worries - what to do, where to go, and most of the little things that were freaking me out.

I've met so many wonderful people; listing them would take too long. I can only say that I look forward to seeing them again in the next race.

I'm not focusing on race day too much for fear that my nerves will overtake me. My goal time is around one hour. I hope my friends are waiting at the end. Oh, and apparently if I'm running enough on my own, they will announce my name as I cross the finish line. They'll probably mispronounce it anyway.

1 comment:

  1. "In a time of 59 minutes, 59 seconds...it's the HaasofD!"

    Just keep your pace, you'll do great Sharon :) Good luck!

    - James

    ReplyDelete