Sunday, August 2, 2009

16K is far

So I've been naughty again, both with posting and with running. I haven't been doing as much of either as I should.

But today, I got back into the game, and ran the 16-km run, and boy are my knees feeling it now!
It was a lovely run - starting west and running a zig-zag through the Glebe, then downtown to Laurier. From Laurier, we trekked east and north east, to the residence to the Governor General's residence. We waved to the guards on duty, who properly did not wave back (though one was leaning a little!), and carried on, past some more lovely houses (well out of any price-range I could afford), and back down Sussex to the canal.
The day was miserable and rainy when I started, but when we left the store, it was a mere misting. The rain managed to hold off for most of it, and the weather was really pleasant to run in.

However, my knees ache. It's been about eight months since I bought my running shoes, and it's time I switched to a new pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment