Thursday, April 11, 2013

Hibernation Effect

I have finally discovered exactly the words to describe the feelings my legs have had over the past few weeks: hibernation.

They feel like how I imagine bears must feel as they start to wake up as spring rolls around. Slow, grouchy, not at all willing to go out and do this 'exercise' thing. There may have been growling involved.

But I did get out twice this week for runs at work. Tuesday was cold and windy, and today was... cool and windy. I'd cautiously start making spring-time plans like walks in the park or rollerblading, but that's just taunting Mother Nature: it's supposed to snow 10cm this weekend.

My legs are sore like they haven't been in a while, but I am looking forward to getting back to shape, where my legs don't sob like whiny children going up seven flights of stairs and a couple of 5km runs are a gentle shake-out.

Most of all, I'm looking forward to sun, warm, and at least 15C so I can run in shorts again!

No comments:

Post a Comment