Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Spring has Sprung Finally

I don't want to be the cause of any change in Mother Nature's mind to give us warm weather, but it looks like Spring is finally here. Along with spring comes a restlessness in my legs to get outside and run, as if the only thing that was really reining in my motivation was cold weather.

However, considering the preparation to run outside in colder weather, that's not too strange an idea. The preparation involves bringing several layers of clothing, sometimes if only so you can decide between the heavier winter shirt and the not-so-heavy winter shirt if the weather is a bit warmer. The pants come next, along with socks that cover your ankles - no one likes frost-bitten ankles. Then there's remembering toque, gloves, a wind-breaker... Just the prep for cold running is exhausting!

So it's no mystery that, with the sun, warm, and chance to throw on a pair of shorts and a light shirt (and the shoes), I'm so happy to be out and running again. I've already been out twice this week, and am looking to cap it off with a third run, and then a long run on Sunday. I even did the whole route today and didn't need to stop for air or a walk once! Go me, getting back in the groove!

No comments:

Post a Comment