Sunday, June 7, 2009

On to New Adventures

So I decided to sign up for the half-Marathon on September 20, 2009, for fear that if I slowed down, I would quit. According to my half-assed following of the half-marathon schedule, I think I'm right.

I started the half-marathon clinic this week, and it's a bit different from the 10K. A lot of former 10Kers have joined in, and it's nice to see the familiar faces. The group leaders (there are two now) have a different style from J - the only 10:1 pace is on our long-slow runs on Sundays, and we have a walk before we start our runs.

We did 7km today, and it felt really good. As we were closing in on the home stretch, I found my pace picking up - I don't know if it's because I was on said home stretch, or if I was finding a stride, but I felt really comfortable there. The funny thing was, I was out-distancing my pace group. I think that for smaller, sub-10km distances, that's okay, but once we start hitting longer distances, I'll be more careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment