Thursday, July 5, 2012

Stanley Park Seawall, Vancouver, BC

Today, I woke up after Ragnar had to go, and I didn't really feel like running. I knew we would have a long walking day with Stanley Park and the Vancouver Aquarium.

Fast forward past the traffic jam to Vancouver, getting somewhat lost in Stanley Park, and the Aquarium, as lovely as it was. Ragnar suggested we get out the rollerblades and since it had been years since I'd last rolled, I was excited and nervous all at once.

You can imagine that it started out badly. The car, our starting point, was parked on an incline, and I was nervously clutching at Ragnar. I did land on my butt once. However, once we got down to the actual sea wall, it was pretty straight-forward, with some curves. As I continued on, I gained confidence and speed. Through children and runners and other rollerbladers, I made my way through. It really didn't feel like a cardio work out, and perhaps at the speed I was going, it wasn't a huge cardio effort.

Blading along the Seawall was amazing. Sheer stone to our left, sea to our right, it was a beautiful day to be out there. Sunscreen was an absolute necessity, but so worth it. Ragnar estimates we went about 8km, but I was having so much fun that I didn't notice. We saw boats coming in, seaplanes taking off, and the diversity that is Vancouver.

After we landed back at the car (no other traumas to my self), Ragnar and I went for ice cream. Worth it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment