Thursday, January 29, 2009

Cool Runnings

I think I can say that, in the short time I've been doing this, yesterday was the hardest run I've done.

In fact, in retrospect, the decision to go out there was foolish and ill-considered.

Let's take a look at yesterday's weather: the regular temperature was -9C, but with windchill, it was -18C. That's not the problem. It was pleasant. The issue was the blowing snow - they had predicted from 20 to 25 cm.

I had walked home in it. I knew it was going to be bad. But I really really wanted to be somewhere, and it would be almost perfect running distance.

I had so many excuses not to go out; legitimate ones! The weather was unsafe, I was tired from walking home, it wasn't really necessary to go.

But I did it, and I'm proud to have proved that I can run in a snowstorm. But I don't think I'll do it again any time soon.

I think I'll use the gym next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment