Saturday, January 29, 2011

Further on Skin Care

I posted earlier this month about skin care when running in the winter.

Then I got the January/February edition of Women's Running, and saw that they've done the same thing. Reading through it, myself and the magazine seem to agree on most aspects, and there's some good advice on products and ingredients to look for, some even at reasonable prices.

One point of variance is on exfoliation. WR suggests if your skin is flaky, exfoliating more often will remove those extra flakes, rather than applying more moisturizer to try to renew the skin.
I tried exfoliating twice this week, and have met with sad lack of success. Instead of the usual freshly-exfoliated feeling I usually get, my face felt very rough and desperate for more moisturizer.

However, the rest of WR's tips seem sensible, and check out the section on vitamins.

In other news, morning running continues outside of Running Room days, and when it's less than -10C, it's a pleasant way to start the morning. However, running any time at -28C is not a fun option.
That was Monday's temperature, and I'm not afraid to say that I did not run that night. Apparently very few others did too.

No comments:

Post a Comment