Thursday, January 13, 2011

To the Grind

I started running with the Running Room again last night. I joined the 10K group about a week in, and did the 6k planned last night.

As I knew, and anyone with common sense would know, jumping back in from my previous gleeful status of 'running once in a while' to 6k is bound to leave some ouchie.

That was my thighs and knees today. They didn't hurt quite as much as I expected, but a chance conversation with a friend who's recovering from a knee injury reminded me to buy new ice packs.

Tomorrow's plan is for 3k. I'm going to (try to) get up early in the morning to do it then - a little solidarity with my sweetie who has to be up at 4 a.m. for work.

As I last wrote, I want to plan a bit more on the idea of an exit strategy to this 10k group, which will end March 12. It is thus: run with the half-marathoners. C'est easy, non?
I will slide in with the half-marathon group and continue my training that way.

When I hit that point, then, I'll have to decide what to do next. Probably just sign up for the group and the next race again.

No comments:

Post a Comment