Sunday, February 22, 2009

Bad Girl

So I've been a bad girl, not posting when I should.

I have still been running, and am getting to 6+1x3 with only a bit of difficulty. the first day of it was hard - I felt my muscles saying, "Aaaahhh! I thought we were friends! We'd do a bit of jogging, rest a bit, but now it's all running!" I wonder what they'll think when it's 8+1x2 next week.

However, I have hit my first blockade on the path to progress. I am sick. Stuffy head, sore throat, blocked-up lymph nodes, stuffed nose, and decreased hearing. This sucks!

The magazines that I've bought makes it clear that yes, you can run with a cold. They have conditions: don't run with heart palpitations, a chest cold, diarrhea/vomiting, high fever, or shortness of breath. I happen to not have any of those, so I am thinking that I will do my run today. But it goes against almost everything my parents taught me, growing up, and what an office environment encourages now: stay home, lots of fluids, rest your poor aching body. My head, when it can coordinate two thoughts in the same area, is conflicted, but the rest of my body is hungry for food, and a run. And hot sauce.

I will write about how my run goes today. I think it will be interesting to see how running with a head cold affects the rest of my body. Psychosomatic, or physiological?

No comments:

Post a Comment