Monday, February 9, 2009

Week 4

So week three ended with a bit of a whimper (or was that my thigh muscle?), and week four came roaring with great weather. Today was -6, and I wore three layers and the coat.

Yesterday, I actually covered 4.2k, and did some extra-fun sprints on the way home. My thigh muscle is still tight, and I'm a wee bit worried on that, so if it's not better by Wednesday, I'll see the Osteopath on it.

Today was good. I'm onto 5/1x3+2/1x1, and I think my body is responding splendidly. At one point, my right knee hurt on the inside, but I kept running (not the smartest idea), and it worked its way through. I really must remember to do all my stretches, no matter how long it takes. Recovery time after injuring myself will take a lot longer!

A few times, I felt the weariness in my pace, especially on the third rep, but I kept going. I can't tell if I varied my speed at all.

I've also noticed that not everyone in Ottawa is diligent about cleaning their sidewalks! Please, people, think of the runners! Think of me! Running on ice, however buried in snow it may be, is a scary proposition, and I like it just slightly less than running on the road.

I got my acknowledgment of payment from the race people: I'm in, and this is really real.

No comments:

Post a Comment