Monday, February 23, 2009

Starting... week 6, I think

So I totally lied and spent most of yesterday napping in bed. I think it was worth it.

Today, the windchill brought the temperature down to -16C, and I didn't want to risk my cold getting worse on it. But I was getting very edgy about not running, so I took the road less travelled, the less-preferred course, the duller of two options, and ran on the treadmill thingy downstairs.

I still consider it cheating - 8+1x2 would have been harder out there, with wind resistance and so on. It's also boring - the only thing I get to look at is my mouth, singing along to the words of my music.

I will admit, though, that by the end of that second run, my gluteus maximus was starting to feel some burn.

The second benefit to running inside is that I was able to shift over and do some weights. The stomach-crunches felt harder on the soft mats, oddly enough.

Suffice to say, I really prefer running outdoors, but I guess I can do it inside if I must.

No comments:

Post a Comment