Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Run 2, Week 3: Cold!

What does a girl have to do to earn a good cup of hot chocolate around here?

Go running in the cold, apparently.

It's -13C, with the windchill bringing it down to -22C. I didn't run yesterday because I'd run the two previous days and don't want to push it. However, I realized that to keep up my training, I would have to run today, on one of the colder days of the week.

I dressed up to the nines and headed out, empowered by tunes and a new direction to run. Starting out, I knew my calves were tighter than usual. Usually, that works itself through early on, but it lasted longer today. I felt more tired overall, and I wonder if it's because of the cold or overall tiredness.

Sadly, the path by the river is still covered by snow, but the run by the mall is open, so I went down that and it was almost enough.

To make a long story short, I was glad to get home and relax with a good cup of Farm Boy hot chocolate. Since I didn't finish this run with a sense of "Hell yeah!" I think it qualifies as a 'meh' run, and I feel a bit disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment