Sunday, April 5, 2009

Common Sense > Stubbornness

As a follow-up to yesterday's post, common sense totally trumps stubbornness.

When I woke up this morning, I didn't feel so much as a twinge from my hamstring. I will credit to going no faster than a walk yesterday.

This morning, the weather was -6 with wind chill, but I dressed warmly on top and in my new running capris. Turns out that was a good idea - doing 7km in that weather is enough to bring a sweat but not to overheat. And nary a complaint from the hamstring.

The knees were not pleased at not being stretched out, though.

In other news, I now have an exercise ball! My AT and I have been talking about it for a while, and I decided to take the plunge. It's a trusted brand, Everlast (they do a lot of boxing gear too), comes with a DVD, inflating instructions, two-way pump, and the ball. All for $20 at Walmart.
Can't wait for my first full work-out!

No comments:

Post a Comment