Saturday, April 4, 2009

Where Common Sense Trumps Stubbornness

I went to watch my clinic's presentation about biomechanics today, but I myself did not run. My hamstring began to hurt yesterday, and during my athletic therapist (AT) appointment, she recommended not playing Ultimate last night, to preserve any goodwill my hamstring had for me today.

When I stopped playing Ulti half-way through the game, I consoled myself with thoughts that at least I'd be able to run today.
When I got up this morning, I realized that I was still in a bit of pain, and though I could run today, the 4km I would do today would not be nearly as important as the 7km run tomorrow.

It didn't help that today's heavy mist/drizzly rain is cold and non-enjoyable.

So now I relax at home, only sort-of watching soccer, and dreaming of tomorrow's run.

Remember, kids: one day of injury-preventative rest can save you two weeks or more of injury-recovery rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment