Sunday, April 19, 2009

Owie.

I missed the 4km run yesterday, because I was instead trying out.

Though it felt closer to some kind of voluntary torture. I was put through sprint drills, plyometrics, regular strength tests, defense scrimmages, and then the full-on scrimmage against the other half.
By the end of it, all the muscles in my upper legs felt like painful lead.

And then I did the ultimate silly thing, and went to do my long-slow run of 8km today.

If I thought it was hard getting onto and off of chairs yesterday, it's worse today.

Almost half-way through today's run (from the store, up along the canal to the Mackenzie King Bridge and back), I developed a stitch in what I believe was my diaphragm. I'm not entirely certain if that was the location, but it hurt with every breath I took. I took that as a sign that, as much as I want to be in good shape for 10km, my body's health is more important, and I walked as much as I needed to. I also took a short-cut home, up Holmwood St. instead of continuing down to the bridge.

I will definitely be taking tomorrow off in order to recuperate for (hopefully) Tuesday run and then Wednesday's hill training.

No comments:

Post a Comment