Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Trying Week 6 Again

I am trying this week over, a bit like Groundhog Day, but all week, and only with running. Essentially, the way I felt on Monday got worse over the week, and though the cold never moved into my lungs, my head was so tired and achy that the idea of running gave it a headache.

Yesterday the windchill was chilly, and today was better by only 2C. But I decided that I've got to get back out there and running if I'm ever going to do 10K in three months. I was tired, cold, and reluctant, but I went out there, and I did it anyways.

Of course, I should probably take the advice from Runner's World and build up to running 8+1x2, but I was having so much fun out there that I went the whole way anyway. If anyone was taking advice from my blog, I would tell them to build up to the pace they were running before, be safe, love your knees, and take your time. But that's not the point: this is my blog, and learn from my mistakes!

As I was taking a quick extra jog back, I was so very glad to be out there and running again. It reaffirmed why I am doing this: because I feel good, I enjoy the small ache in my leg, I love the way I see myself in the mirror. And it makes me feel worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment