Sunday, March 4, 2012

After (nearly) A Year

Wow, I've managed to go nearly a year without posting in here. A year in which so much changed!

First: I moved back to Edmonton, to live with my boyfriend.
Second: I didn't run very much over the winter, though I did start going to the gym.
Third: I applied to try being in training for a fitness competition... and didn't get it.

One thing I learned with the first is that, upon moving to a new climate, it will take time to get acclimatized. It took me nearly a month for my body to stop feeling out of oxygen, once I'd moved back to a higher, dryer, altitude.

One thing I learned with the second is that, 10 minutes on a treadmill for warm-up will never be enough cardio. I also learned that that's all I can really enjoy on a treadmill, because they're boring as heck. The rest of the gym visit is much more fun.

One thing I learned with the third is that, there is no harm in trying. So I sent an application with a 'headshot' (read, a nicer self-portrait), and never heard back. Still, it's cool to imagine that maybe this is something I COULD do.

Ragnar and I went out for our first run in a long time. It was 30 minutes of 0C weather, which wasn't bad. Without getting too into the subject... the run was cathartic.
Now that the weather is getting nice, I'm hoping to hit the gym and the pavement more often.
There's a few in-town races, including a half-marathon that I want to get in on!

Edited to add: I totally missed the third birthday of this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment