Monday, March 19, 2012

Loops for the Troops

Remember how I was laughing at the idea of being fit in time to run a half-marathon in may?
Laughed so hard I could have cried...

Anyways, I realized that:
1) I was running with the 10k group who were doing their final run for the time.
2) The half-marathon group was off doing 16k, and my knees would NOT have forgiven me that.
3) Despite my being at the 10k mark, I still have time to get ready for the Loops for the Troops half-marathon on June 3.

So that's my goal: building up to a 21k on June 3.

Yesterday's run was a nice square, which gives me a great new 10k path. It's one I had hoped to try a long time ago, but never quite had the nerve. It had snowed the night before, so there was an icy slush for some parts of it.

That's actually about all I can remember about the run, other than some lovely company. Then I had a power nap, lunch with family, and spring seedling shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment