Thursday, March 29, 2012

Bring on the Sunshine

Today's weather was a gloriously sunny 13C. Despite an energy crash at around 2:30, I was so excited to get out there and run that I spent a few minutes texting my boyfriend, and then headed out.

It was so lovely that I kept breaking pace. You'd think I'd slow down to appreciate it more. I did slow down more than Tuesday's run, where it was cold and cloudy so I was pushing 5:15 just to get it done and over with. Not sustainable!

However, I think it's really a good time to look at new shoes, because almost on schedule, my knees are starting to hurt early in my run.

The problem is, how do I go about finding the right shoe? The Ghost 4 has apparently incorporated the technology that the Glycerin 7 adopted which led to disastrous and expensive results - did I never finish that story? Long story short, I took those 7s out and ran on them and it turned out that the pressure spots were in exactly the right places to cause me a lot of pain. Anyways, it's back to the Running Room for me. Thankfully, tomorrow is payday.

The plan for this weekend is 12k with the Running Room and then off to brunch with my mother. Getting 'er done, one run at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment