Saturday, March 7, 2009

Cheat Well, Cheat Often

So in this repeat-of-week-6-which-is-actually-week7, I have cheated again. I went out today and did my first eight-minute run, and then started my second. I forgot to check my watch in time and ran an extra minute. Then, since I was having so much fun, I decided to run one more minute. So I really did 8+1+10+1. Bad, naughty Jelly.

I can now feel it a bit in my legs, and darn doesn't that feel good! I can't wait to do it again tomorrow!

In other news, I went to my osteopath, because it felt like I had more muscle on my dominant side than the other, in my back. It's something I've noticed since I started running, that my back feels tenser on one side after the other. If I tense the muscles of my back, it feels like there's nothing on my left-hand side, but my right side is tensing right along nicely. I didn't think had been caused by running because I couldn't figure where it would have come from.
Anyways, I saw my osteopath, and she said that there was quite a bit more muscle definition along the right side of my spine than my left. It's not unusual, and she didn't seem worried or put out by it. My almost obsessive need for symmetry is put out, though - if my muscles aren't even, how can the rest of my world be?
She gave me an exercise called the Superman. I think the video link provides a very good explanation.
She also noted that my pelvis is very well-positioned. She sounded a bit surprised about that - a lot of runners have tilted pelvises, I've heard. I'd like thank riding horses for my spectacular pelvic positioning. Now a word from our sponsors.

I have signed up for my Running Room course. I'm a bit nervous - will I keep up? Is my pace on par for the others? Will I like running with people, or will they like running with me?
These are all silly worries that, according to my psych class, is a sign of a maladaptive stress reaction, which is pretty much the story of my life. However, I've paid so much money on it that I can't let myself not go. As P. would say, I'll be fine, I just have to relax. Relaaaax!

No comments:

Post a Comment