Saturday, March 14, 2009

First Running Room Clinic

I had my first Running Room clinic (RRC) today! And I survived! Even moreso, I enjoyed it.

There's a totally different feeling to running in a group, I found. We did three 10+1s, and I handled it with ease. Admittedly, we were likely going slower than we will be in the future, but we left the shop and ran up the canal to Pretoria Bridge. It's lovely outside today, and though the air was cool, the sky was perfect to run beneath. However, I think sunglasses are a must on days like this.

I just mapped this out on Google Maps, and it's saying that we ran a kilometer longer than the coaches said. Very disappointing, because now I don't know how far I've run. This leads to my next subject: heart-rate, distance, and time monitor watches. I saw a bunch at the Running Room store today, and asked see the Garmin 305. It's a lot larger than I thought it was, which just made its ugliness worse. At least with the 405, I could almost pass it off as a huge watch.

Anyways, I went and spoiled my work-out with an eggs florentine at the Arrow&Loon. I was craving eggs and spinach. I should have gone for the spinach and swiss omelette!

I can't wait for next week

No comments:

Post a Comment