Saturday, March 21, 2009

Running Room Clinic Week 2

I had my second run with this group today, and again, so much fun was had. However, the spinach and swiss omelette at the Arrow&Loon? Remind me to cook at home instead.

One thing that I can honestly say about the RR is that it is taking me by the hand and guiding me through the process of learning to run 10k. It's great - this week was about buying proper shoes, next week is on stretching, and later on there's one on nutrition.

There's also a printable schedule that has dates and distances, so I know I'm not falling behind. Hill training? No problem, that's in a few weeks. Tempo? Don't worry!

Also, one of the run leaders was wearing a Forerunner 305, and we spent a few minutes discussing it versus the 405. At this point, the unfortunately ugly 305 is winning.

My osteo has given me a bunch of new stretches to do as well - can we say ow? These are things I have never asked my body to do, and the muscles are quite tired by the end of each set. However, I can see the benefit in running and in muscle tone, so I'm in.

Tomorrow: I will wake up at 7 a.m. to go run 5km with the RR, and I'm sure that will hurt even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment